Monday, March 21, 2011

Pilot

Salut et Bienvenue!

My name is Elise, I am sixteen years old, and in about 180 days I will board a plane and fly to France, where I will live as an AFS exchange student for ten months. This is my blog :D

I first heard about AFS (American Field Service) when a volunteer came to my school and gave a presentation to all the foreign language classes about study abroad options in high school. I had never really considered becoming a foreign exchange student before then, I mean, my family had hosted multiple Japanese students through a local sister-city exchange, but I still never considered it something I would be interested in doing myself. So, after the presentation, I signed up for more information, not really thinking anything of it. Well, here I am a year later, and I couldn't be more excited to have the chance at such a wonderful experience.

A few things you should know before I begin my blog:

The host family I am staying with only has one computer, and I am pretty sure it gets internet through a cable (still need to ask :P) so I might not be able to update as frequently as I hoped. I will try to see if I will be able to bring my laptop along for this blog. Even so though, I will probably update only once every two weeks, as I won't want to be on the computer too much xP

Also, as I will be fully immersed in another language, my English will most likely become less and less structured, so towards the end of my blog, there may be some funky grammar/spelling errors.

Either way I hope this blog will not only keep people back home updated, but also inspire potential exchangers to study abroad themselves, as reading the other AFSer's blog definitely did that for me! :)

À bientôt!



No comments:

Post a Comment